Know your team’s strengths
The simulations makes visible not only the strengths of different people, but also how team members see and feel each other. Often teams discuss their views on their colleagues during the simulation and create a common understanding of effective division of work.
The essence of this simulation consists of different factors affecting team work, including concentration, creativity, leadership, negotiation, and performing. The simulation frees the mind of the work roles and provides an opportunity for discussion on hidden strengths and different roles at work and at spare time.
In the background story, your team has decided to participate in the legendary Oktoberfest in Munich. This is a story of your travels to Germany. The exercise consists of 15 short situations along the way. In each situation, you need to solve who in your team would be the best person to solve the case at hand. After each situation, there will be a facilitated discussion where the choices are explained and others’ views are heard.
CLAIM 2: CRITICAL VIEWPOINT
CLAIM 3: ACCURACY
CLAIM 4: LISTENING TO OTHERS
CLAIM 5: TOLERANCE TO CONFLICT
The simulation is based on McClelland’s motivational theory, Jung’s personality theory and Belbin’s team roles. On the basis of these theories, we have chosen such themes on team awareness that facilitate discussion on the most important areas of learning and preferences affecting the team’s operations.
- Create mutual understanding on team members’ preferences
- Bring out hidden strengths of team members
- Make visible the current practices and roles in the team
- Increase the effectiveness of team actions through mutual understanding
- Teams of 4-16 persons working together. The simulation promotes team cooperation. Also suits temporary teams, project teams, and remote teams.
- The simulation takes about 2 hours. Additionally we can provide a results workshop that goes through the results and transforms them into concrete changes in every day work (about 2 hours).
Efficient management team
The simulation takes a facilitated approach to dealing with the team’s readiness and strengths in different situations facing the management team.
Readiness for change situations
Simulaatio auttaa tiimiä toimimaan konkreettisissa muutostilanteissa. Se luo sosiaalista koherenssia sekä uskoa tiimin kykyyn toimia yllättävissä tilanteissa.
Understand the stress factors
The simulation facilitates discussion on different stress factors and each team member’s attitude towards them.
To support different simulations, we offer a separate results workshop, which is designed to provide the team with a development path based on the simulation results.
Send us a message!
Mailing address: Nekalantie 28, 33100 Tampere, Finland