- First, choose what you want to develop in your team, i.e. what simulation you want to play.
- Choose one game manager to act as a facilitator for the discussion. They spend half an hour in advance to familiarize themselves with the game.
- Set aside two hours for your team in video conference or face-to-face. If you wish, you can also set aside a third hour for a joint team practice development discussion
- Your game manager will send everyone a link to get to the simulation
- To begin, everyone does a self-assessment of less than 10 minutes. You will then take a joint trip to assess the strengths and preferences of your team members.
- The simulation makes visible in a positive and constructive way what each person thinks of themself and others. Through it, one can find hidden strengths and have a discussion on for instance roles in the team.
AFTER THE SIMULATION
- You will receive simple reports from your team. What is essential in the simulation, however, is the simulation and the discussion and understanding it creates, the reports are a summary of the simulation.
- You discuss the conclusions: what did you learn, what do you change, what do you develop?
WHAT IS REQUIRED FROM TECHNOLOGY
- The simulation works with all common browsers (except Internet Explorer) on both computers and modern smartphones.
When doing the simulation remotely, everyone must have equipment where they can do the simulation and use video conferencing at the same time. This means either a computer with two windows side by side, a computer and a mobile device, or two different smart devices.
See our price list. We have a satisfaction guarantee: if you are not satisfied with the simulation, there is no obligation to pay.
The tool best fits teams of 4-16 persons. For larger teams we recommend undertaking more than one simulation. The tool is suitable for both remote and local teams. The simulation is not dependent on the content of your work, we have worked with teams from varying backgrounds – for instance with veterinarians, IT-developers and voluntary organisations.
Our simulation builds common understanding of the team. The basis of the simulation is that the team members know something about each other. The simulation therefore is not suitable in the first days of a new team, but already after a few weeks working together, the team would benefit from the simulation. The simulation is not suitable for team undergoing a crisis of some sort or team with high tensions between team members. In these situations we recommend guided group development, reconciliation or other methods that highlight the problem and suppor dealing with it in a sensitive and long-lasting manner. If needed, we are happy to provide you with recommendations on who to contact.
- Yes you can, we also offer our popular tool today for direct use by teams.
- If you are an in-house staff developer or facilitator and are interested in running multiple simulations in your organization, you can participate in our training. Please contact us if this interests you.
- If you are a professional facilitator, organisation developer or consultant, participate in our SmoothTeam facilitator’s certification training. After this, you can use SmoothTeam simulation to support your own business. Contact us for more information.
See above. We can provide the consultant with the simulation as well as certification training.
Send us a message!
Mail address: Nekalantie 28, 33100 Tampere, Finland