Get ready for a change
How ready are we for a change? Can we as a team be prepared for changes that lay ahead of us by thinking about our division of work and each others’ reactions in a changing situations? A simulation based on a change model is here to help you.
The simulation handles actions in a change situation. The themes include different types of readiness, such as execution, communication, creative solutions, and flexibility. As the story unfolds, concrete case situations allow facilitated discussion of the team members’ readiness and strengths to face different situations.
The background sotry of the simulation deals with how your team members react to a sudden situation. Your landlord informs you that you should move to new premises pretty soon, although you are in the middle of the busiest time of the year. Doing this, you face unexpected situations from motivating others to demanding social situations. The exercise consists of ten situations related to moving. Your task is to choose, who in your team would be best at meeting the challenge in each case. After each case, there will be a discussion where the choices are explained and others’ views are heard. This will help in learning what are your colleagues’ natural ways to act in a case of change.
CLAIM 2: ENCOURAGEMENT AND MOTIVATION
CLAIM 3: TEAM BUILDING
CLAIM 4: SETTING GOALS
CLAIM 5: EXECUTION
The simulation is based on Lewin’s change model, which has been operationalised into ten claims and situations. The simulation emphasises the parts that are most essential for modern work. In other words, those factors critical to today’s work are included in greater detail.
The changing emotions related to change processes are often seen as a burden. In the best case the emotions can be used to empower the change.
- Create common understanding of how the team functions most efficiently in a change situation
- Bring out personal practices and preferences in different kinds of unexpected situations
- Make visible the current practices and roles in the team
- Improve team’s ability to cope with change by creating mutual and shared understanding
- Teams of 4-16 persons working together. The scenario is most suited for teams that work in an office-like environment. Also suits temporary teams, project teams and remote teams.
- The simulation takes about 2 hours. Additionally we can provide a results workshop that goes through the results and transforms them into concrete changes in every day work (about 2 hours).
Glue your team together
The simulation helps in understanding your colleagues and makes visible team members’ preferences regarding different kinds of job tasks. Fits well for understanding social coherence and building of mutual understanding.
Understand the stress factors
The simulation facilitates discussion on different stress factors and each team member’s attitude towards them.
Efficient management team
The simulation takes a facilitated approach to dealing with the team’s readiness and strengths in different situations facing the management team.
To support different simulations, we offer a separate results workshop, which is designed to provide the team with a development path based on the simulation results.
Send us a message!
Mailing address: Nekalantie 28, 33100 Tampere, Finland