Gamified team development
Make your team more effective in a fun way
1. Set aside two hours of time on your calendar for either face-to-face meeting or video conferencing.
2. You can choose a simulation manager among you or use a professional facilitator.
3. During the simulation, your team plays through a game with a story. You learn about your colleagues, they learn about you and at the same time you hear how others see you and your strengths.
4. Finally, you will receive illustrative reports about your team to support your further development.
Powerful, easy and fun!
9 simulations for different situations
We provide nine simulations, each with their own background story and factors related to different theories. Find the simulation that is most suitable for your team.
Arctic15 & FIBAN
- Koskelin, M. (2017). Master’s Thesis (in Finnish). The University of Helsinki.
- Nokso-Koivisto, H-R. (2016). Master’s Thesis (in Finnish). The University of Tampere.
- Nokso-Koivisto, A., Heikkilä, J., & Luoto, L. (2018). SNA data collection through gamification: an example. XXXVII Sunbelt Conference, Utrecht, Hollanti.
Principles behind the tool
Talking about team members ’aspirations, strengths, and personal qualities changes the way team members interpret each other’s behaviour. Better knowledge makes it possible to avoid misunderstandings and undue tensions, while improving the unity of the team and its willingness to cooperate.
Studies show that team effectiveness depends on, among other things, trust between members, relationships, a positive atmosphere, team unity, and its transactive memory, that is, the perception among the team of who knows what. These evolve through working together, but their development can be accelerated effectively with SmoothTeam. With the help of the simulation, the team’s self-knowledge increases and many insights are created to develop the team’s activities.
In the SmoothTeam simulation, the self-assessment of team members is compared to the perceptions and assessments of other team members in a gamified environment. As a result of the exercise, team members and the team leader learn how each team member sees themselves and each other. Through discussions during the exercise, the team is able to find their strengths and areas for development.
SmoothTeam is suitable for both remote and present teams.
Hints for team development
Send us a message!
Mail address: Nekalantie 28, 33100 Tampere, Finland